SELF SUSTAINING COMMUNITIES
"Enhance the capabilities of local communities through study circles, training for transformation and access to information for sustainable development"
In pursuit of fulfilling its Vision and to realise its Mission, ABDO will be guided by the following Principles or values in the conduct of the organisation business:
- Transparency We commit ourselves to do everything above board.
- Accountability We are answerable to our stakeholders for all our actions.
- Teamwork We complement each other in the delivery of services
- Effective Communication We strive to provide accurate information timeously to relevant stakeholders.
- Quality Service We aspire to offer the best service to our stakeholders.
- Results Oriented We strive for best results that meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- (a) To set up community libraries, facilitate the establishment of study circles and promotion of literacy in marginalized rural communities, mines and farm communities.
- (b) To enhance the capacity of communities through needs based training and encouraging the formation of study circles for literacy, information sharing and skills acquisition for sustainable development.
- (c) To promote HIV/AIDS, gender and environmental awareness and sensitization in partnership with relevant agencies through the organization of workshops and distribution of relevant literature.